COVID19 Information and Updates
Current Case Count
Updated December 2, 2020
||Las Animas County
Current Dial Level
Updated December 4, 2020
|Las Animas County
Orange - High Risk
(Will move to Red - Severe Risk
on December 7 at 5 pm)
Red - Severe Risk
Huerfano County is in Level Red as of December 4 at 5 pm, Las Animas County will be in Level Red as of December 7 at 5 pm
Beginning December 4, Huerfano County community members and businesses should follow Level Red of CDPHE’s Dial Framework per Public Health Order 20-36.
Beginning December 7, Las Animas County community members and businesses should follow Level Red of CDPHE’s Dial Framework per Public Health Order 20-36.
Some key changes for the counties under the state’s updated Level Red requirements include:
- Personal gatherings with people outside of your household are prohibited.
- Indoor dining at restaurants is prohibited; use takeout, curbside or delivery options instead. Outdoor dining is permitted with those in your household.
- Last call is at 8 p.m., bars are closed.
- Gyms are limited to 10% capacity, or 10 people indoors per room, or outdoors in groups less than 10. Reservations are required.
- Indoor events are closed.
- Outdoor events are permitted at 25% capacity, not to exceed 75 people.
- Both critical and non-critical retail are limited to 50% capacity and should increase their curbside pick-up and delivery services.
- People who are at higher risk for getting COVID-19 or experiencing severe illness must stay at home.
For a full list of requirements, visit CDPHE's website.
General Guidance for Our Community
Under Level Red, “Severe Risk,” everyone must take these actions:
- Continue to stay home as much as possible.
- Vulnerable people at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19, such as older adults, must continue to only leaving home for medical care and essential activities.
- When you go out, follow physical distancing requirements (6 feet of space between yourself and others).
- Do not go to work if you are sick.
- People who have COVID-19 symptoms should get tested, and must isolate unless they have a negative test result.
- Individuals in Huerfano and Las Animas Counties are required to wear a mask in indoor public settings, as well as outdoor public settings where 6 ft. distancing cannot be maintained.
- No personal gatherings with individuals from outside of your household.