Las Animas County Reports Second Confirmed Case of COVID-19
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 9, 2020
Contact: Kim Gonzales, Public Health Director
Las Animas Huerfano Counties District Health Department has received confirmation that a Las Animas County resident has tested positive for Coronavirus Disease/COVID-19. This is the second confirmed case of a resident currently within the county.
As of Thursday, April 9, 2020, there are two confirmed cases of COVID-19 of residents who reside in Las Animas County. The first reported case on April 2, 2020, was a local of Las Animas County with travel history out of State.
The second confirmed case is an 88 year old female who has had recent travel history to Denver prior to being confirmed as positive for the virus. The Las Animas County patient is currently isolated at home as she continues her recovery.
No further details about this case will be shared to protect patient privacy.
The health department is looking out for the health and safety of our community and we are tracing all contacts of the individual. We would like to remind everyone that there is a Stay Home Order until April 30th.
Las Animas County community members should also continue to take simple steps to reduce the spread of respiratory illnesses including COVID-19:
• Wash hands with liquid soap and water, and rubbing for at least 20 seconds, or using alcohol based sanitizer if soap and water are not available;
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing;
• Stay home if you are sick;
• Regularly clean high-touch surfaces.
• When you have to go out for essential items practice social distancing, minimize your time out and wash your hands as soon as possible afterward.
• Wear a facial covering if you are going out into the public
More information can be found at: https://www.colorado.gov/la-h-health or at https://covid19.colorado.gov/. You can also find information on Facebook at Las Animas Huerfano Counties District Health Department.